Yesterday I began a 30 day kick start to get me out of the rut and back on the wagon. I was doing so well with Weight Watchers up until they decided to completely change their points system. At the point, I lost complete interest, stopped tracking my points and kept yo-yoing back and forth 5 pounds since October 2010. If I would have kept with the program completely and honestly I would probably have met my goal by now, or at least be a heck of a lot closer than I am right at this moment. I decided something had to give. I could go back and learn Weight Watchers all over again – afterall I am still paying for it –
However, I need something in addition to Weight Watchers in order to push me out of the rut and get me back on the losing streak. That’s when it hit me. My boss lost a bunch of weight in a short amount of time by cutting out whites. She cut back on carbohydrates, ate more protein and fiber and it was like the pounds literally just melted right off. She gave me a plan – no dairy and only 35 grams of net carbs (you take the total carbs and subtract the fiber to get the net). Sounds doable right?
But… Did you know that an apple has 15 grams of net carbs? Just 1 tiny little apple… and almost ½ your net carbs are done for the day. This will be difficult. I’m sure my body will go into shock. I imagine those cartoons where a character is famished and they look over a tree or something else and see a complete smorgasbord of yummy goodness… There might be times when I will look at something and see mouth watering buttery biscuits, French fries, rice, waffles and pancakes. I keep telling myself it’s only 30 days. I can do it because my dad has always told me I can do anything I set my mind to do…
So I woke up yesterday (Monday) morning excited to start my 30 day kick start and what happens? Well one of my coworkers decides now would be a good time to bring in this amazingly delicious almond toffee that we only get once a year. I mean this stuff is absolutely divine and seriously addicting. But, I was so proud of myself because I did not even have a sliver of it. I know it will be around for the rest of the week, but hopefully I can continue the will-power. Also, last night I went to Kiku’s (an hibachi style restaurant) with my roommate and her parents. My plan was to only get the meat and vegetables and no rice or noodles – and surprisingly enough I DID IT and did not even miss the carbs.
But why is it when you start a new “diet” (I hate that word by the way) there is always tons of temptation lying around? I just don’t get it. It’s like the Universe is just trying to sabotage my progress….
On a side note – I woke up the past 2 mornings at 5:30a.m. to run....
No comments:
Post a Comment