Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Here we go again....

Back in 2010 I started blogging about my weight loss journey. I did it for me. To keep be accountable and to keep me honest. I lost fifty pounds that year and felt the best I have ever felt in my entire life. It wasn't easy, but I did it!

Fast forward five years and in that time, I moved, dealt with family health problems, been stressed at work, had fights with friends, dated jerks, and basically let my health suffer.

At first I didn't notice how much I had gained back. I was running and even participated in a couple of 5k races. I joined the Y for about a month or 2 and went maybe 3 times. Then I got lazy and complacent and tired, quit the gym and the pounds just came back.

It wasn't until I went shopping and realized I had gone up to a size I had never been before. I officially gained back all my weight and surpassed my heaviest point.

The good thing in all this is I know I can lose it again. I have it in me, buried under layers of fat, but it's there. I've done it before. I can do it again.

It won't be easy and I fully anticipate some failure along the way, but ultimately I am the one in control.

So here I go again. 5 years later, back in the same place I was when I first started this blog. I'm going to try really hard to keep myself accountable and update weekly.

Operation Karen gets healthy and stays healthy has begun!


No comments:

Post a Comment