Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weight Watchers

It seems I can move forward full speed a head and then something puts a halt in my progress.  I'm not exactly sure what that *something* is, but it is there.  It seems to always lurk in the shadows and pounce when I least expect it.

I lost 20 pounds, was proud, ecstatic, overjoyed, etc. you get the picture.  I thought I had finally conquered lack of motivation for good and was well on my way to finally achieving (read: conquering) my food issues; and then I went on vacation, got out of the routine and ended up gaining 7 of that 20 back.  I was disappointed, appalled, mad, angry, etc.. at myself for letting the excuses get the best of me, for quitting when I was a head instead of moving forward toward my ultimate goal.

I ended up using the fact that I had gained back 7 pounds to be another excuse, instead of a motivating factor to get moving again.  I could tell my clothes weren't fitting the way I wanted, and I honestly didn't care - until...

I went back to my posts (here) and (here) and remembered why I started this journey in the first place. It's about living in every since of the word.  I have borderline high cholesterol. While some of it is genetic, it can be reversed by diet.  I don't want to be 27 years old doped on medications because I can't say no to a cookie or chips.  I don't want to be the 1000 pound woman who has to be lifted out of her house by a crane just to get medical attention.  I don't want to end up like that.   I want to live. I want to be healthy.

Last night I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in years.  It was great to catch up! She had mentioned she was doing Weight Watchers and had lost quite a bit of weight.  It works. I know it works, but I was just too lazy to actually do it myself...

So today, I went on the computer, logged on to Weight Watchers and joined their online community.  I need something that will keep me accountable. Force me to think about the foods I am eating and also give me tips on healthier habits.  I will be tracking my weight weekly from there, read about other people's ups and downs and hopefully conquer this *food* issue once and for all....

No comments:

Post a Comment