Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Progress

This is part of my day zero project.  To see the complete list click here

I suggest that any one who is about to start a lifestyle change, or wants to lose some weight should first take a full length picture of themselves.  I know, I know - it's not something you want to do, I understand.  BELIEVE me I completely understand.  I've been known to crop "fat" out of photos by adjusting the margins and sizing them to where you can't see my entire body.  In fact, I also delete them, refuse to look at them and run far far away from anyone who has the desire to take one. Needless to say, there are very few full length pictures of myself floating around...

Now you don't have to show anyone this full length photo - this is your photo to help you see the changes in your body as you lose weight, tone up or begin healthy eating habits.  You see yourself everyday and while clothes may start fitting looser it might be hard to actually "see" a difference in the way you look.

I didn't take a "before" photo because I just didn't think about it.  Today, one of my friends took a photo of me sans 28lbs and I went back through old photos of myself  to see if there were any full length ones I could compare to (I was actually wishing I hadn't deleted, run away, or hid from them)  After searching for a while (a LONG while) I found one.  I was shocked at the difference 28lbs makes.  I could see things I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

I've decided that I'm going take full length pictures of myself once a month and compare the outcomes.  I'm a very visual person and I need to put things in to perspective.  Maybe this is the motivation I need.
 
BEFORE (April 2010)

After (August 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment