I never considered myself a runner. In fact, I don't think I had ever even ran a mile nonstop in my entire life, until this past Thursday. I didn't think I could do it. I was sure I would hurt myself...
I ran with a friend and her 2 boys last Thursday - it wasn't too bad. I was able to run a mile without stopping - they continued on for the other 2 miles and I had to take a breather and walk a bit. I ended up running 2.1 miles in the end and was entirely proud of myself.. I DID IT! for the first time in my life I ran a mile. I didn't die. I felt great... I slept like a rock that night...
I convinced my roommate to go running with me on Saturday morning. It was 48 degrees outside,- but beautiful. iPod shuffles in hand we hit the pavement. We both ran a mile without stopping. We ended up walking the remaining 2 miles around the lake and back home.
Fast forward to yesterday - we ran again - another mile. It's getting easier...I'm feeling great and we have set up a schedule for running and gym time: Monday, Thursday and Saturday are our "running" days and Tuesday and Friday are our gym days...
When I run I have to have something upbeat to listen to. I have been playing around with my music collection for the perfect play list to sync to my iPod. Here is a snippet of what on my running playlist for now - it will probably change periodically...
Everything's Right = Matt Wertz
Falling for you = Seth Philpott
Move = Mercy Me
Dance Your Life Away = Jon McLaughlin
You Make My Dreams Come True = Hall & Oates
Joy to the World = Three Dog Night
Down = Jay Sean
Brighter Day = Nathan Angelo
Where the Boat Leaves From = Zac Brown Band
This is How a Heart Breaks = Rob Thomas
Random collection, but my entire iTunes library is completely random anyway ...
What is on your workout playlist? I'm always up for suggestions on music to workout too... or even tips.
No comments:
Post a Comment