Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Exciting moment

I haven't been shopping in a long time.  I'm in the process of losing weight so, I'm wearing clothes until they literally fall right off of me.  My roommate is about a size smaller and also losing, so when she drops to the next size, she gives me her hand-me-downs.  It's been a blessing for a gal on a small budget.

Anyway, enough about that - I got my tax refund money and it was seriously burning a hole in my bank account.  I knew that I really needed to get some shirts and pants that fit and my roommate isn't quite ready to part with some of her awesome outfits just yet, so I decided to take a few bucks from the tax refund and go shopping.

This time last year I was wearing a 1X (almost 2X) in plus sized shirts at Kohl s.  I went to Kohl s Wednesday night after church and decided to buy just 1 shirt - more of a spring/summer shirt and maybe a pair of black pants and jeans.  I went to the plus sized section, because in some ways I still feel large-r. All of those clothes were WAY too big.  I went to the normal people section and tried on a few XL's - still too big.  At this point I'm thinking, surely I'm not a L in normal people clothes yet....but I decided to try on a shirt anyway... and viola a shirt that FITS.... a LARGE in normal people clothes - not big people clothes.  a LARGE!! not an Extra Large, but a LARGE!  I was shocked - I actually have a waste now... it was an eye opening experience.  I can't even begin to describe it!







Now I just need to find a pair of black pants that fit... these are kinda big....

I still have a long way to go before I am where I want to be, but I'm no longer embarrassed about going shopping - I can actually wear clothes that normal people wear!  This is a big step for me because I have been plus-sized for so long....

Part of me wishes I kept my big clothes for a comparison photo at the end when I reach my goal, but at the time I was so ready to get rid of any indication that was enormous that I just donated them all.  I think I will keep a few of the outfits I have now and store them in the back of my closet so when the time comes I have a little bit of a reference point....

No comments:

Post a Comment