Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dear Self:

Dear Self:
    Quit sabotaging your progress.  You've been the same weight since October and although a few weeks or even a month of a plateau is perfectly acceptable, 8 months is not.  You have great ideas - like cutting out carbs, but come on, get serious.... you might be able to say no to that slice of bread today, but tomorrow - that's all you're going to think about until you cave in.  And then once you cave in, it's a snowball effect and you'll want another piece, or a cookie, or a chocolate brownie, or all 3, at one time. 

    I'm so proud of you for running two 5k's so far, and actually waking up at 5:30a.m. to run 2 miles as often as you've been.  But running alone isn't going to help you achieve your goal.  Remember, diets don't work, you have to change the way you view food.  You know the secrets and you know exactly what to do, you just have to put forth the effort and do it.  No one said it was easy.

   You did so well last year. You were unstoppable and managed to lose 50 pounds.  Don't stop now. Keep going.  Get back on track and succeed. You can do it. Remember what dad always says, "You can do anything you set your mind to do" You just have to believe he's right.

    I have faith in you, have faith in yourself too.

                                                                              Sincerely,
                                                                               Me
                                                                     
 

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I lost 30 pounds in 2 months and I feel like once I cave in...I cave in bad and it is so hard to get back on track!! I have faith that you can do it though :) You look so good...don't stop now!!

    ReplyDelete