I have a confession to make. I realize what I'm about to admit may cause a fit of hysteria and die hard laughter and I am fully aware that what I'm about to admit may seem rather unusual for a 27 year old to find relaxing.
While some people knit, crochet, Sudoku, play guitar, write poems, blog, watch mindless television, cook, etc, I find that coloring (yes, coloring) is my way of relaxing. And by coloring I do mean coloring books with crayons.
I used to color all the time when I was a teenager and even some in college - but it wasn't until my 3 y/o niece was here this weekend that really rekindled my love for coloring. She loves to color and she loves when someone colors with her. I jump at any opportunity to color and it not be considered "weird" or "strange." In fact, in most cases it ended up with her leaving the table and me still coloring away. I don't know what it is about coloring that I find so enjoyable, but I really do.
Perhaps it's because I'm not an artist. I'm not good at drawing, I'm mediocre at writing and I have absolutlely no talent when it comes to crochet/knitting, cooking is touch and go and I have a love/hate relationship blogging, coloring gives me a way to be creative in the colors I choose rather than having to come up with a picture on my own. Someone else did the outline and I give the page life (so to speak).
So there you have it, I'm 27 and I love to color!
No comments:
Post a Comment